Just a few initial comments and reflections on my first major international worldwide, business class, paid for with points trip.
Writing this as I sit in the Lufthansa Senators Lounge in Frankfurt, Germany. One more leg to this trip, US701, an A330 FRA-PHL (which, by the way, is delayed 2 hours, the first delayed flight on this trip!)
Routing of the trip was PHL-YYZ-PEK-SIN-MLE-SIN-BKK-FRA-PHL, with
– a few hours in Toronto (Maple Leaf lounge was awesome)
– 8 hours in Beijing (still learning how to travel with ease, didn’t think 8 hours was enough to get into the city, explore and back, so stayed in the lounge)
– 4 day stopover in Singapore at the Conrad
– 5 days at the Conrad Maldives
– about 12 hours in Bankok
– 7 (now 9) hour layover in Frankfurt
Sampled Air Canada Biz class 777, Singapore Biz 777 (PEK-SIN-MLE-SIN), Thai Biz 777 (SIN-BKK), Thai A380 (BKK-FRA – and VERY disapointed with the service), wrapping up with US A330 (FRA-PHL).
All in all, this trip proved to me that the – sometimes – craziness and obsessions with miles is well worth it, in terms of the effort expended to generate the miles and the experienced obtained along the actual journey.
——More details to folllow
Further update – some pictures from the trip…… these are from the Conrad Maldives Rangali Island. A truly amazing place